Volunteers In Public Schools (VIPS)
Saturday, 16 August 2008 23:01
Your time counts! The time that you put into making Jefferson Elementary the best school for our children is worth a lot and you should make sure that it is counted!
The Little Rock School District tracks the volunteer hours at each school, and we want to make sure that the volunteers at Jefferson get the credit they deserve! There are several ways to report your volunteer time:
- Use the personal tally sheet and submit it to the VIPS Coordinator, Marlene Ware, or put it in the PTA box in the school office.
- Use the sign-in sheets in the school office each time you go to school.
- Use the sign-in sheet outside of the classroom.
- Log your hours directly into the LRSD system at www.lrsd.org/vips/volservicetime.cfm
- Email your volunteer hours to the Jefferson VIPS Coordinator at
Don’t undervalue your time! Make sure you give yourself credit for all the time you volunteer and the things you do to support Jefferson! Here are some examples:
- Count preparation and travel time for each activity
- Count parent/teacher conferences
- Count attendance at PTA meetings, Open House, School Assemblies, etc.
- Count the time you spend caring for the class pet on the weekend!
- Count the time that you spend doing PreK sheets laundry!
- RIF Volunteers, Room Parents, Lunch Buddies, Watch D.O.G. Dads, STARS Tutors, Field Trips, etc.
- And, don’t forget any time you put in over the summer preparing for the new year at Jefferson!
If you think it might count – put it down, turn it in and let the VIPS Coordinator make the determination! Our goal this year is 20,000 hours!
Last Updated ( Thursday, 30 July 2009 19:43 )